Our Policies and Procedures
Our policies are designed to help minimize risks and clarify expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact us at 719-284-0025 or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions about our policies. We appreciate your trust in allowing us to care for your home!
Pricing and Payment Policies
Other Cleaning Policies
Pricing and Payment Policies
- Flat-Rate Pricing. We offer a simple flat-rate pricing structure that allows you to get a fair price based solely on the square footage of your home and the services you select. That’s it! The price is the price, regardless of the amount of time it takes or how many cleaners are needed. This makes it easy to schedule by phone or online and gives you a predictable upfront cost. We offer several levels of cleaning, plus many add-on options so that you can customize our services to suit your needs. If you would like a specific service that is not on our cleaning menu, please contact our office and we will be happy to accommodate you if possible.
- Changes from Original Quote. We offer an upfront price estimate before we even enter your home, based on what you tell us about the size of your home and the cleaning service selected. We reserve the right to change the quoted pricing, including any applicable discounts, if the actual size or circumstances of your home are not as described, or if the booking options selected are inappropriate.
- Rate Increases. We reserve the right to raise our rates as needed to adjust for costs, however, we will always give our clients advance notice of any price increase.
- Scheduling Requests. We employ the best cleaning technicians in Colorado Springs, so when you hire Vetter Cleaning, you can trust that you’ll get a great clean every time. While we cannot guarantee the availability of a specific cleaning technician, we will always notify you of our estimated arrival time in advance of your cleaning date, with a follow-up notification the day before we arrive. For clients who book our recurring services, we offer the convenience of the same day of the week with the same time slot for every cleaning, whether you prefer every week, every two weeks, or every four weeks. Please note that if you reschedule a cleaning, we cannot guarantee the same day of the week for the new cleaning date. See our Reschedule Policy below for more details.
- Discounts. We offer discounts for clients who book Recurring Cleanings on a regular schedule, with the amount of the discount based on the frequency of service. If you change your service schedule or reschedule a cleaning so that it falls outside of your previously selected frequency, we reserve the right to change or eliminate the discount that we would have applied to that cleaning or future cleanings. Please note that if you receive a discount off your first cleaning in return for scheduling recurring service, you must also receive and pay for at least one follow-up service as agreed or you will be charged retroactively for the initial discount. This does not apply to our standing 10% discount for all military, police, fire, and teachers.
- Rescheduling. All rescheduled requests must be made either through your client portal by creating a ticket or by sending us an email at [email protected]. Any rescheduled request will apply only to the date that you specify on the request form and will not affect your regular cleaning schedule. If you need to change your entire Recurring Cleaning schedule, please contact our office at 719-284-0025. Recurring Cleaning customers may reschedule an upcoming cleaning for any day prior to the next scheduled cleaning at no extra charge, accepting Late Change Fees, if applicable.
- Skipping a cleaning. If you are a Recurring Cleaning customer and you need to completely skip a cleaning, you must either use your client portal by creating a ticket or sending us an email at [email protected]. Please note that Vetter Cleaning offers discounted pricing for Recurring Cleanings so that we can keep your home consistently clean and provide our cleaning technicians with a predictable work schedule and stable income. The longer we go between cleanings, the more work our technicians will have to do to restore your home to the appropriate condition. We do ask for at least 48 hrs notice. If you skip service, there will be an additional charge for the next cleaning as the home will have gone a longer period of time since your last cleaning.
-Weekly skips one $10 addition on the next visit
-Bi-weekly skips one $15 additional on the next visit
-Monthly skips one $35 additional on the next visit
Reschedules made 5 business days out of the original service date are subject to the fee of $10 for each week outside of the regular recurring schedule. If a cleaning appointment is canceled or skipped less than 24hrs in advance, a 50% rate of service will be charged based on the rate of your scheduled service.
- Cancellations. Once a service is scheduled, all cancellations must be made by either using your client portal by creating a ticket or sending us an email at [email protected].
- Late Changes and Late Cancellations. Because our cleaning technicians are scheduled in advance, late changes and cancellations deprive them of income. If you cancel or reschedule a service less than 48 hours before your originally scheduled date, we will charge a 50% rate of service cancellation fee to help compensate the cleaning technicians for lost income. If your cleaning is scheduled for a Monday, we request notice of cancellation by 9 a.m. on the preceding Friday to avoid the fee.
- Lockouts. Lockouts deprive our cleaning technicians of their income. If you do not contact us to cancel a cleaning and the technician arrives at your home at the scheduled time and cannot gain entry or is denied access, we will charge you a lockout fee of the full cost of the cleaning to compensate the cleaning technician for their lost time.
- Satisfaction Guarantee. We want you to be delighted with our service! If you are dissatisfied with any of our cleaning services, please contact us right away so that we can make it right. We will first assess the situation to make sure that we understand the concern, then will re-clean the problem area at no cost to you. The re-clean must be completed within two business days following your initial date of service. If you are still not satisfied and Vetter Cleaning is at fault, we will offer a refund or partial refund according to the circumstances. Please note that in order for us to offer a refund, we require that a re-clean must be accepted and completed within two business days from the initial date of service.
- Billing. When you schedule your first service with us, we will take a credit card that will be kept securely filed for payments. There is a small processing fee automatically applied to all credit card/debit card transactions. You also have the option to sign up for ACH bank transfers that have no processing fees. Payment is due at the time of each service and your card or bank account will be charged on the day of each cleaning. If your credit card is declined for any reason, we will contact you and ask for this to be remedied within three (3) business days. If payment is not made within three (3) business days following a cleaning, we will assess a late payment fee of $10 per day and will pause all scheduled services until payment is made. If your service is paused, you may lose your place in the schedule.
- Tipping. Tipping is never required, but it is a lovely way to tell your cleaner that you think they did a great job. If you would like to tip your cleaner, we suggest a range of 10 to 20% of the price of the cleaning. You can add this amount to your credit card either as a one-time or a recurring charge. If you would prefer to give cash, we ask that you put it in a labeled envelope or otherwise clearly label it to make sure that our cleaning technicians know it is for them!
We want you to be delighted with our service! If you are dissatisfied with any of our cleaning services, please contact us right away so that we can make it right. We will first assess the situation to make sure that we understand the concern, then will re-clean the problem area at no cost to you. The re-clean must be completed within two business days following your initial date of service. If you are still not satisfied and Vetter Cleaning is at fault, we will offer a refund or partial refund according to the circumstances. Please note that in order for us to offer a refund, we require that a re-clean must be accepted and completed within two business days from the initial date of service.
Our professional cleaning technicians do their best to protect your home and possessions, but we know that sometimes things get broken despite precautions. Accordingly, we have worked hard to develop a clear and fair policy to cover accidental breakage.
- Please call us at 719-284-0025 to report any instance of breakage as soon as possible after you notice it so that we can make it right. Breakage must be reported within 7 (seven) days of the incident. Please save the broken item for our inspection. We will review every incident of breakage on a case-by-case basis.
- When value is verifiable and breakage is clearly due to negligence on the part of a Vetter Cleaning employee, we will reimburse the cost of any broken item up to $100.00 per item. Item values over $25 must be verified before replacement or reimbursement will be authorized.
- When appropriate, we will pay to have the broken item repaired by a professional restoration company instead of reimbursing the cost of the item.
- We cannot accept responsibility for breakage due to objects that are inherently unstable or delicate, or inappropriately placed, such as top-heavy items with inadequate bases, improperly hung pictures, or wobbly objects. Such situations are regarded as “booby traps” and may occur no matter how carefully our cleaning technicians are working.
- Old blinds: We cannot accept responsibility for damages to older blinds. Over time many blinds become brittle and break off easily with any kind of pressure. This includes the pressure that may need to be applied in order to adequately clean the blinds. Also, old mechanisms can break easily just by opening and closing the blinds. If this is a risk you cannot accept, please let our office know which blinds we should not clean and we will add them to your notes.
- Please move fragile, unstable, or expensive items to a location we do not clean or ask us to skip that area completely if you do not wish to accept the risk of accidental damage.
- If you have delicate or irreplaceable items, please put them in a closed area or let us know which areas are off-limits. And always secure any jewelry, cash, and weapons.
Other Cleaning Policies
- Employee safety. Our cleaning technicians are the heart of our business and their safety is extremely important to us. The areas to be cleaned must be accessible without excess clutter or hazardous conditions. Indoor temperatures must also be appropriate for them to work safely.
- No unfair solicitation of employees. At Vetter Cleaning, we are proud of our wonderful employees and we put a lot of time, money, and effort into recruiting, hiring, and training only the best people. Sadly, some people want quality without paying for it and attempt to undercut our efforts by trying to “poach” our employees. Please note that our employment contract prohibits employees from accepting private work for clients unless Vetter Cleaning is compensated with a finder fee of $2,500. Please do not solicit our employees for side jobs or direct hire outside of this contract. Not only does this place our employees in an awkward situation, but it is also unfair to our small business. If you attempt to solicit an employee for private hire without paying the required finder fee, all future services will be immediately terminated.
- Additional Services available with advance notice. In addition to our standard cleaning menus, we offer an array of Add-On services that can be booked along with your main cleaning. These services may be added to any cleaning on a one-time or recurring basis. Please contact us 719-284-0025 or [email protected] for pricing and scheduling.
- Services We Do Not Offer. We specialize in cleaning your home effectively and efficiently and we offer a wide array of cleaning services to suit many different needs. However, we do not offer:
- Dishwashing. If there are dishes in the sink, we will work around them to clean the sink. If there are too many dishes for us to reasonably access the sink, we will not be able to clean it. Dishes around the house will be left where found.
- Cleaning the inside of dishwashers, washing machines, and dryers.
- Laundry or laundry folding.
- Shopping or errands outside the home.
- Cleaning inside of curios, china cabinets, stocked cabinets, stocked closets, or drawers.
- Cleaning behind glass or solid doors on shelving units or furniture.
- Organizing items or picking up clutter, which is defined as five or more items in any given area, such as books, dishes, boxes, mail, papers, clothes, or trash that is not in a trash receptacle.
- Washing exterior windows or washing any interior windows that cannot easily be reached with a two-step ladder.
- Cleaning anything more than 8 feet above the ground. Due to insurance restrictions, our cleaning technicians may not use any ladder higher than a three-step ladder. Ceiling fans will be cleaned with a duster or brush if technicians can not reach the blades by using a three-step ladder.
- Heavy lifting. Due to insurance restrictions, our cleaning technicians may not lift anything weighing more than 25 pounds. This also includes moving furniture.
- Cleaning in areas that are difficult or unsafe to access.
- Specialty cleaning such as patios, garages, television, or computer screens.
- Cleaning of bodily fluids, mold, toys, pet waste, mouse droppings, or other bio-hazards except for an ordinary level of bathroom cleaning.
- Cleaning heavily soiled areas or areas of disrepair, including rooms or homes with extreme dirt build-up, mold, mildew, peeling paint, or other unsafe conditions. If your home is in this condition, we can refer you to another company that can provide appropriate services.
- Cleaning extremely cluttered rooms or homes. Our cleaning technicians must be able to move freely and safely through your home with their tools and supplies. If your home is extremely cluttered, we can refer you to another company that can provide appropriate services.
- Cleaning excessive hard water or mineral stains or buildup. If you have areas of your home that have hard water or mineral buildup beyond what we can clean with standard cleaning supplies and tools, we can refer you to another company that can provide appropriate services.
- Any cleaning that would require cleaning supplies or tools beyond what Vetter Cleaning supplies.
It is a privilege to clean your home and Vetter Cleaning takes health and safety very seriously at all times. We have implemented several new procedures to help protect our clients and employees during the current public health emergency:
- Our cleaning technicians will bring a face mask and will wear it anytime a client requests it.
- We ask that each cleaning technician should have at least 6 feet of personal space at all times. If you will be in your home while our technicians are working, please help protect everyone’s health by remaining at a safe distance.
- As always, our cleaning towels are washed before use in your home, and are washed thoroughly before they are used again.
- Equipment and supplies are cleaned between homes.
- No employee that is sick or has any flu-like symptoms is allowed to work.
- Please note that we do not monitor the vaccination status of our employees or clients.